Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bringing my plants in and creating summer inside~

     The potted plants all came in two weeks ago and finally got arranged last weekend. My sweetheart hung some hooks along the window, and I now have four lovely geranium plants creating a natural valance. In total I hauled in (okay my sweetheart did that physical part too) 18 pots! It was a messy project to say the least!
    I have a south facing window that allows lots of sun to shine on them, and the plants flourish and grow beautifully. A few of the scented geranium plants have traveled between my porch and house for several years now.
    Let me tell you, Geraniums (like the one pictured above) in January are beautiful. I love being surrounded by plants as I work on the computer. I can look out the window and watch the blowing snow, and yet here inside, I am surrounded by my own personal  garden! When I water them, the fresh smell of the earth fills the room and I am transported back to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment